During the last few decades, Bingham memorial Hospital, one of the very few top rural medical facilities which is located in Bingham, eastern Idaho, has passed through multiple and positive changes which have radically transformed it. But the biggest changes started to emerge when Mr. Louis Kraml accepted the position of CEO of the hospital.
Under his guidance, the entire hospital building was remodeled, but the changes are much more profound than that. Bingham Memorial Hospital started in 1950 as a sixty bed county general hospital, and since then it has continuously changed, becoming a landmark of Eastern Idaho, a developing model for all rural hospital in the US. Over a long 23 years period, the locals gathered the necessary money, built the facility and when it first open its doors, the hospital only had a handful of doctors. Nowadays, the things have changed for the better, making Bingham Memorial Hospital one of the best medical care units in the entire USA.
According to his official statement, CEO Louis Kraml will continue to do his best to push the hospital even further. His future plans are to buy high quality, state of the art medical equipment and technology, in an effort to replace the old medical devices. Another plan for the near future is to revamp the hospital buildings and its facilities, thus changing them into a place where the patients and doctors are able to find the right place for treatment and work.
But running a successful hospital doesn’t just boil down to having renovating buildings and modern equipment. Once that these changes were made, Mr. Louis Kraml began to think about improving the quality and enlarging the medical staff working at the hospital. As a direct consequence, a doctor hiring campaign was started; some of the best doctors were interviewed, and many of them have found a great place to work in Blackfoot County, Idaho. As a result, Bingham memorial Hospital has become the fifth largest employer in Bingham County, Idaho.
Several years ago, Bingham memorial hospital became a 501(c)3 medical facility. At the same time, the hospital was chosen to be a Critical access Hospital. In a recent interview, CEO Louis Kraml has stated that turning the hospital into a non-profit organization really helped them focus on the benefits of the patients that come and seek diagnosis, care and treatment at Bingham memorial Hospital. All the profits that the hospital is currently making are invested in the county, so they are not sent somewhere else, outside the state. Since a big part of the profit is reinvested in the hospital, this means that the health care unit is continuously growing and improving, and this is directly connected with the patient satisfaction levels.
Every year about 120,000 patients are treated in the modern Bingham memorial Hospital, a medical facility that is committed to make public all the regular hospital inspection results. It’s a simple, and yet very effective way of making Bingham Memorial Hospital one of the most trusted hospitals in the entire state of Idaho.
Doctors that have come to work at Bingham memorial Hospital have been offered good salaries and a great work environment. According to a recent study, Eastern Idaho is considered to be a great place to live in, as costs related to everyday life are lower when compared to other areas in the US. In addition to this, for the second year in the row, the state of Idaho was ranked as the number one place to be a doctor. And the good news doesn’t stop here: Bingham Memorial Hospital is located close to spectacular scenery views, allowing the area residents to go rafting on the fast rivers nearby, play golf, go fishing, hunting, or climb stiff cliffs. In winter, the area is fit for winter sports, like skiing or snowmobile rides. The mountains surrounding the area are perfect for hiking and bike rides, to the total enjoyment of those passionate about open air activities.
Some of the top schools and universities are located in the proximity: Idaho State University and BYU Idaho are just a few examples. One of the great characteristics of Bingham Memorial Hospital is related to the relaxed working atmosphere. As Mr. Kraml has said once, this is the hospital where nurses, doctors and administration representatives all get along, and this is an aspect that helps not only the hospital team, but also the patients that come seeking to be treated at the hospital.
Very few people will tell you this, but when it comes to hosting a website, you will always need to make some compromises. If you run an established business, it makes a lot of sense to invest money into a colocation service. If you sell products or services online, your website is your virtual store, so it needs to offer its users the best shopping experience. This means that you simply can’t afford to have server downtimes, files getting hacked, poor customer support, and so on. Nevertheless, all these benefits carry a pretty steep price tag.
If you head over to one of the colocation brokers’ websites, so that you can get the full picture, you will see that the colocation plans, where you simply take your server to a data center and let them take care of it, can range from 50 to 5,000 dollars a month. If you’ve just started your business, this is money that you can’t afford to lose.
What should you do then? No matter what type of website you intend to create, please stay away from the free web hosting accounts. The companies that offer these accounts rely on advertising and, as you can probably guess, they can’t afford to invest too much money into hardware, so the quality of their services will degrade as the time goes by and they host more and more website on the same old servers.
There are companies out there (http://www.hostgator.com/, for example) that offer decent shared hosting accounts with prices that start at about 4 dollars per month. What do you get for the money? First of all, you get an ad-free hosting account. Then, a file manager, database creator, various promo tools, quick install tools and so on. In addition to that, Hostgator’s support team is quite good at what it does, so you will be able to solve the problems with your website (if any) quite quickly.
Your business may outgrow the features offered by a standard shared hosting account, though. As an example, if you work with precious data, you don’t want it to be stored in the 100th folder on a shared hosting server, along with the data used by 99 other websites. If one of the other sites is targeted by a hacker, your precious data will be in danger as well. My recommendation is to start your online business using a shared hosting account, and then, when your business starts producing profit, to move on to a more expensive, but much more secure option (a dedicated server, for example).
What about cloud hosting? The main advantage here is the fact that you only pay for the server resources that you are using each month. It’s a very good solution for people that have a thriving business but need to keep the costs under control. With cloud hosting, if the number of website visitors is much smaller this month, you will pay a much lower hosting fee. On the other hand, if your website receives more visitors this month, you will pay more for hosting, but hopefully this won’t be an issue, since a larger number of website visitors should also lead to an increased profit.
It looks like more and more people use the internet to do business. If you want to succeed, you need to host your website using a high quality provider. I hope that this article has taught you at least some of the web hosting basics.
Blackfoot is an American city located in the state of Idaho that has a population of about 12,000 people. Blackfoot is known as the potato capital of the world, being renowned for its potato-related industry. It is also the only city to have a potato museum that actually contains the biggest potato chip in the entire world.
The first store in Blackfoot was opened about 140 years ago. The Bingham County was established at the beginning of 1885 and Idaho Falls was supposed to be chosen to be the county seat. Still, a group of citizens managed to turn the tables over, making Blackfoot the seat of the Bingham County.
The city has a surface of about 6 square miles, a percentage of about 3% from the surface being occupied by water. The population density is about two thousand people per square mile.
The majority of the population consists of Caucasian individuals, but you will also find African Americans and Native Americans in the city. Small percentages of Asian people and other races can also be encountered.
It is a young city, with a median age of about 31 years and with over 30% of its residents being under 18 years old. The median family income is in the $35,000 – $40,000 range, with men having a bigger (about 20-25% bigger) salary in comparison with the women living in the city. Above 15% of the population is below the poverty line. The good news is that the rural medical system works very well in the area, with the Bingham Memorial Hospital led by Louis Kraml being one of the community hospital that offer good quality medical services to all the area residents.
Blackfoot has three high schools, four middle schools and ten elementary schools.
I visited Cluj Napoca, a city in Romania, several years ago. It is a lovely city with polite people, great good and fantastic, inexpensive accommodation options. But Cluj is not just “a city” in Romania; it’s the seat of the Cluj County and is ranked #2 as far as the population is concerned.
The fact that Cluj is considered to be a capital of Transylvania makes it even more attractive. And with a surface that’s close to 200 square kilometers, you will easily find an activity or a place that will keep you busy for hours.
The transportation system is quite developed, taking into account the fact that the city has tried to conserver its medieval aspect. Road, rail and air transportation connects Cluj with all the major cities in Romania, as well as some of the biggest European cities. The public transportation works quite well, but if you are a tourist you may want to rent a car in Cluj Napoca, as the car rental prices are not expensive at all in Romania, starting at 10 U.S. dollars per day.
Some people decide to spend days in a row at the Botanical Garden, where they enjoy watching the plants and the animals that populate the zone. Others simply enjoy the warm summer sun rays in the Central Park.
The winters are quite cold in Cluj Napoca, though. It’s a city located near the Apuseni Mountains, though, so this is quite normal. But visiting Cluj during winter isn’t that bad. In fact, it’s not bad at all! You can spend quality time at the ski resorts in the area or simply enjoy a good snowball fight with your friends. And the hot tea and other hot beverages will quickly make you forget about the cold weather, which (one a side note) rarely goes more than 10 Celsius degrees below zero.
With close to 10,000 available rooms, the hotels are prepared to welcome their visitors the entire year. In addition to this, there are lots of privately owned villas that can offer accommodation for groups of people that range from 2 to 50 persons.
Cluj Napoca is also known for its nightlife; lots of worldwide known bands were born in this city and continue to impress the locals and the tourists alike. Not only that, but the city is also the scene for a diverse cultural experience, with buildings, institutions and shows that bring together Americans, Romanians, Hungarians, and so on.
Blogs have the power of shaping the opinion of people living all over the world and there are thousands of bloggers that manage to draw a lot of attention with their well crafted articles.
1. Scobleizer is a well known blog created by Robert Scoble, the place on the internet where people that want to be informed on the latest technologies visit on a regular basis. Scoble is a former Microsoft employer and he is passionate with promoting innovations that have the potential of changing the entire world from the ground up.
2. TechCrunch is managed by Michael Arrington and is considered by many as a very powerful blog that deals with tech start-ups. The opinions that Arrington expresses are very well appreciated in the industry. The search engines have ranked TechCrunch as the third most influential blog in the entire world, as Technocrati has stated. Arrington is also considered to be one of the 25 most influential men on the web
3. Henry Bodget is the CEO of Business Insider, a business that has grown rapidly, being a site dedicated also to technology. He is a former research analyst, a part time investor and his opinions, which are posted on the blog on a regular basis, are read by a multitude of persons.
4. ParisLemon is the name of another well known blog that was created and is sustained by the posts of M.G. Siegler, who has previously written for TechCrunch. He has a personal history in writing columns since 2009.
5. Mashable.com was launched in 2005 by Pete Cashmore, which is its CEO and also founder. The blog is red every month by more than 10 million unique readers. He writes a column every week and his favorite topics are technology and social media. It is also interesting to know that Cashmere has ranked in the top 100 of the most influential persons created by Time Magazine.
6. Techdirt and Floor64 were created by Mike Masnik. He is also writing for Business Week’s Business Exchange, and on his posts people can read about political changes, technology and all sorts of legal issues that have an impact on the ability of companies to grow. Techdirt was built in 1997.
7. GigaOm was founded by Om Malik, which has gained the good name of a respected web writer as he has publishing articles during the past 20 years. He is one of the founder members of Forbes.com and his creations have been published in The Wall Street Journal, The Economist and MIT Techology Review. The blog was founded in 2006 and it is now a powerful system of reference not only in business, but also in the technology world.
8. Dooce is another influential blog which was created by Heather Armstrong, who has been attracting attention since 2001. It is one of the most famous public diaries. She began by writing about her job and she got fired and in the end “dooce” became a verb used by people that talk about being fired because of the personal website. Armstrong gained so much popularity with her honesty and thorough writing about topics where many people have found themselves in as well.
9. Perezhilton is the site most well known for its gossip materials and news. It is once considered to be the most hated blog by the Hollywood celebrities. Millions of people read the daily posts with great passion.
10. Beppe Grillo from Italy is a famous comedian and political commentator who was banished from the state TV in his country. He has decided to create a blog where he posts some of the wildest ideas ever. For example, he once asked Germany to declare war to Italy as a mean of helping his people.
These are just a few examples of influential people that have the power to change the world as we know it through their blogs – most of the time, for the better!